giant-slayers.

May 31, 2010

We Must Praise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy67pI62-2s

Newflash: It's hard to be young and Christian. Really hard. Especially if you're not "wierd" lol and have a little bit of swag...it's a grind...it's that #Christstarlifestyle

These past 2 weeks have been trying mentally as I prepare to give a sermon at school (YIKES!) this Sunday and one at home the Sunday after...I love speaking...but I don't enjoy preaching...well I like seeing lives changed and transformed and see the power of God at work...but the lead up to it is just awful for the kid..I get depressed if I do anything slightly un-Christian, I look for ways to disqualify myself....just a whole lot of mental games to condemn myself . Trust, not fun. Even now as I write this. Not fun.

BUT I realized that's real self-centered..cuz true I have a standard to live by and need to set an example with the platform the pulpit gives but at the same time my shortcomings are not bigger than Christ or the message of the cross.

I'm writing this post and with the song (please listen) because a lot of us are sitting on gifts and talents and ministry that God wants to birth because we don't feel good enough ( imma post on that one more fully soon) but No matter who or what we are...we MUST praise.

So Be Bold and of Good Courage. In the words of the pslamist Wacka Flocka Flames, Praise "Oh Let's Do It."

It's needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

Thanks for being so real. I understand completely. You be encourage and continue doing God's work. This has encourage me. I appreciate how you let God use you. I'm stepping out of my shell and letting Him use me as well. I love this remix of "We must Praise" with Karen Sheard. Thank you. I look forward to reading your next blog.