giant-slayers.

April 13, 2010

Be Eager to Do Good? ( 1 Peter 3:13)


As I was preparing to go to sleep last night, I decided to seriously open my Bible and read it for the first time in 2 weeks. ( unacceptable I know) The Scripture was 1 Peter 3:13- "Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?" This simple truth was a revelation for the kid, because I be eager to succeed, eager to create change, eager to have fun...but not simply just to do good. Like be excited to bless my enemies, to pray for those who persecute me, live a holy life.....because for me far too often "doing good" is a burden and not a blessing. It's like man, I can't do this or go to that because I have to be "good...", or wondering is life going to pass me by because I'm tryna be "good?"

Honestly, who is really excited to be a do-gooder? Our culture puts a premium on being bad, bad Michael Jackson. ( Yet another example of how are culture is so anti-Bible lol) Seriously tho, girls love the bad boys, we ain't going nowhere cuz it's Bad Boys for Life....ect.

We have changed language so that now bad=good, and good is no longer a word in our vocab. Yet, I am to be eager, juiced, excited to do good?!

And I will. ( try!) Being good will be the new "bad" or the old good lol. Being good shall be fun. Let's be eager to do right, to be good! WE AIN'T GOING NOWHERE, IT'S GOODY2SHOES for life :) lol

Tubbs

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

really well said tubbs

Devonnn said...

Mike you hit the nail on the head w/ this! Man when I asked God to give me a scripture that would motivate me to do the right thing w/o any shame of what people thought or said I was lead to 1 Peter chapter 3. And it was on time for me, and I HAD to share it w/ you and Jade! Because I know, just starting out your blog..there's gonna be people who look down at you or have something to say for wanting to live right..and not wanting to be apart of what everyone else is doing. Like the Bible says.. "..But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear." THATS ENUFF for me right there. There so many people out here that want to live for God so Bad but they "Fear" what people may think. THANK YOU FOR BEING SET APART!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS BLOG PLEASE KEEP IT COMIN

me said...

Good Word. Please continue to post. God is Good!!!

Anonymous said...

what's jades nationality?

Jade said...

I'm American